data protection information
- customers and interested parties (pdf-download)
- applicants (pdf-download, only in german)
- suppliers and service contractor (pdf-download, only in german)
- e-mail communication (pdf-download)
Privacy Statement for www.starmicronics.de and www.ncfox.de
Thank you for visiting our Websites www.starmicronics.de and/or www.ncfox.de (hereinafter also referred to as “our Websites”) and your interest in our company and our products. The protection of your personal data is important to us. This Privacy Statement informs you about the processing of your data in the course of your visit and use of our Websites.
1. Controller, data protection officer of the controller, recipient
We, Star Micronics GmbH, are the controller pursuant to Article 4 Subsection (7) of the EU Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”) with respect to personal data processed on / via our Websites. Our contact details are:
Star Micronics GmbH
phone: +49 (7082) 7920-0
fax: +49 (7082) 7920-20
The data protection officer of Star Micronics GmbH pursuant to Article 37 GDPR, § 38 German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz – BDSG) is:
c/o Star Micronics GmbH
phone: +49 (7082) 7920-0
fax: +49 (7082) 7920-20
Our Websites are hosted at the following service provider as our processor pursuant to Section 4 Subsection (8) GDPR:
iS-Fun Internet Services GmbH
phone: +49 (7248) 932 763
fax: +49 (7248) 932 765
Any data processing specified in this Privacy Statement regarding your personal data will therefore occur via this service provider. This service provider is therefore a recipient pursuant to Section 4 Subsection (9) GDPR.
2. Processing of personal data as well as scope and purpose of such processing
2.1 When visiting our Websites
If you visit our Websites, the web browser of your client device (computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone etc.) will automatically send certain information to the web server of our Websites. This information is temporarily stored in electronic protocols, so called log files. The following information is gathered thereby and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the accessing client device,
- date and time of the access,
- time zone gap in relation to the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- name and URL of the accessed pages / files,
- access status / HTTP status,
- transferred data amount,
- the website from which the access occurs (referrer URL),
- type and version of the web browser used, including its language,
- type and version of the operating system of your client device.
This data will be stored for a period of 7 days and thereafter automatically deleted.
We will process this data for the following purposes:
- Enabling a smooth connection to our Websites,
- enabling a comfortable use of our Websites,
- analyzing the system stability and system safety as well as
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the processing of the data listed above is Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest for this processing consists of the purposes of the data processing as specified above.
Our Websites generate a so-called session cookie when you visit them. The functionality of this session cookie is explained below.
The session cookie is a small text file which is created by your web browser automatically and which is stored on your client device (computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone etc.) if you visit our Website. The session cookie does not cause any harm to your client device, in particular it does not contain computer viruses, trojans or other malware.
The session cookie only contains a so-called “session ID”; this is an identifier that allows our Websites to assign certain requests that you make on our Websites during your visit to your respective Internet browser session. The session cookie therefore does not collect any data from your client device.
The session cookie is automatically deleted as soon as you close your Internet browser.
The session cookie is used to enable the following technical functions of our Websites:
- Contact form:
For the contact form on our Websites (see in detail below in Section 2.3 of this Privacy Statement), we use a so-called “CAPTCHA” to check whether the sender submitting a message to us via our contact form is a human being. In this way, we prevent automated requests from computers that could delay the processing of human requests to our contact form and possibly impair the proper functioning of our Websites. “CAPTCHA” stands for “completely automated public Turing test to tell computers and humans apart”. The session cookie enables the assignment of this test and its result to the Internet browser session of the respective visitor using our contact form.
- Download section on www.ncfox.de:
On the website www.ncfox.de, visitors can request a demo version of our software NC-Fox in the download section there (see in detail below in Section 2.4 of this Privacy Statement); furthermore, registered customers have the opportunity to download updates, drivers and macros of NC-Fox there. The session cookie enables to assign the request for a trial version of NC-Fox or for downloads of updates, drivers and macros of NC-Fox to the Internet browser session of the requesting visitor.
The legal basis for the use of the session cookie is Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest here results from the following circumstances:
- In the context of providing our contact form in our need to prevent machine requests to our contact form in order to process human requests to the contact form more quickly and to prevent impairment of the proper operation of our Websites;
- Our need to (i) allow visitors to www.ncfox.de to request a demo version of our software NC-Fox in the download section there, and (ii) allow our NC-Fox customers to download updates, drivers and macros of NC-Fox there.
You can block the acceptance of cookies and thus their storage on your client device in general in the settings of your Internet browser. Please refer to the instructions for your Internet browser to find out how this works in detail.
Please note that if all cookies are blocked, you will not be able to use the contact form of our Websites, nor will you be able to request a NC Fox demo version or NC Fox updates, drivers and macros in the Download section on www.ncfox.de.
2.3 Contact form
Each of our Websites contains a contact form via which you may address inquiries to us. To do so, you have to enter a valid e-mail address. You may voluntarily provide other information via the contact form.
We will use the information you provide us via the contact form to answer your inquiries. We will delete this information as soon as it is no longer necessary for answering your inquiry; alternatively, we will restrict the processing of this information in case we have to maintain this information for statutory reasons.
You may at any time object to the further processing of the information you provided us via the contact form, for example via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, however, such objection will not affect the data processing occurred before your objection.
The legal basis for the processing of your information provided to us via the contact form is Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 (a) GDPR.
Our contact form uses a so-called CAPTCHA test to check whether a request to our contact form originates from a human being. You can find more details about the data processing in the context of this CAPTCHA test and the legal basis relating thereto above in Section 2.2 of this Privacy Statement.
2.4 Download area on www.ncfox.de
On www.ncfox.de you will find a download area. In this download area you can request a demo version of our software NC-Fox. Furthermore, registered customers can in this area download updates, drivers and macros for NC-Fox.
When a visitor of www.ncfox.de requests a demo version of our NC-Fox software in the download area, we collect an e-mail address of this visitor in order to send him the demo version and to contact him regarding the demo version.
Requesting updates, drivers and macros from NC-Fox is possible after entering the e-mail address of the Customer provided for this purpose and the password relating thereto. We use this information to verify the customer in question.
The legal basis for the above-mentioned data processing in the download area on www.ncfox.de is Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 (b) GDPR.
We delete the data of visitors or customers processed in the download area on www.ncfox.de as soon as the authorization for their storage and processing pursuant to Article 6 Subsection 1 Sentence 1 (b) GDPR ceases to exist, unless there is another legal basis for their processing. If we are subject to statutory obligations to maintain such data beyond the beforementioned legal bases, we restrict the processing to the extent possible.
3. Your rights
You have towards us the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right of access / information pursuant to Article 15 GDPR;
- the right to rectification pursuant to Article 16 GDPR;
- the right to erasure pursuant to Article 17 GDPR;
- the right to restriction of processing pursuant to Article 18 GDPR;
- the right to data portability pursuant to Article 20 GDPR;
- the right pursuant to Article 7 Subsection 3 GDPR to withdraw any consent you have given to us with respect to data processing at any time; you may render this right for example by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a message to our other contact details specified in Section 1 of this Privacy Statement; such a withdrawal effects that we have to discontinue the data processing which is based on your withdrawn consent for the future; however, the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the respective consent before its withdrawal;
- the right pursuant to Article 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; usually, you can therefore address the supervisory authority competent for your main residence, your place of work or the registered seat of Star Micronics GmbH.
4. Data security
Our Websites use for the communication with your web browser the common SSL encryption standard (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with a level of encryption of 256 bits. In case your web browser does not support encryption with 256 bits, our Websites will rather use 128 bits v3 technology. Whether a particular page of our Websites communicates with your web browser by using these encryption technologies is indicated in the address or status bar of your web browser by a padlock symbol.
5. Validity of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is currently valid and has been created on 15 February 2021.
The further development of our Websites or changes in legal requirements may necessitate amendments of this Privacy Statement. You will find the respective applicable version of this Privacy Statement under www.starmicronics.de/en/allgemein/datenschutz/.